Many would say that cloud and mobility are disruptive technologies that have transformed the way we live and work … with new use cases developing each day. To stay competitive, we must continue to imagine the impact these emerging technologies will have on professional computing and the way we run our businesses. With the Jeeves Mobile Client, you can create, deploy, and test any mobile application you can imagine—quickly and cost effectively. The client combines the unique capabilities of the Jeeves architecture with the always-available power of cloud computing to create native mobile apps that:
- Interact with your Jeeves ERP data in real time,
- Can be developed 10 times faster than any third party provider,
- Require no environmental administration, and
- Can be upgraded or redeployed in seconds.
All your ideas are on the table. The question is, which app will you build first?
The Jeeves Mobile Client helps you extend your ERP system with native mobile apps.
The Jeeves Mobile Client is for everyone. A recent Forbes Magazine article covered 10 ways mobility is revolutionizing manufacturing. Here are just a few of the ideas being put into place by leading companies around the world:
- Providing customers with apps that allow them to request status updates on orders and deliveries.
- Giving sales a mobile application that allows them to configure, price and quote a build-to-order product on the customer site.
- Reducing traveler and production time with real-time mobile dashboards on production workflows.
- Deploying a mobile application that monitors sensor data and notifies production when a machine is non-compliant.
- Using a mobile app to create a real-time window into (unintegrated) supplier traceability and quality data.
- Providing a mobile app that allows field service technicians to report time and materials.
The Jeeves Mobile Client represents a technology direction that will help you harness the power of emerging technologies like cloud, mobility, and the Internet of Things. Regardless of how you operate in the future, your Jeeves ERP system will support you with screens that can change in real time based on who you are, the size of your device, and the type of work being done.
WHY NATIVE APPS MATTER
The debate on whether to develop native or hybrid mobile applications is not new in the world of software.
- Hybrid apps typically augment HTML 5 code with native software development kits. These applications are cheaper and faster to develop because there is less expertise and development effort required (one set of code for many devices).
- Native apps (developed for iOS or Android, for example) require greater development expertise, but typically deliver a stronger user experience and greater functionality by utilizing the built-in OS and device capabilities (e.g., camera, GPS).
As a consumer, you’ve probably used both hybrid and native apps, and it’s likely you can tell the difference. Combined with cloud technology, native apps can deliver a more responsive, rich client that is both context-sensitive and notification-driven.
The Jeeves Mobile Client leverages Swift, Apple’s new general-purpose, multi-paradigm, compiled programming language created for iOS, OS X, watchOS, tvOS and Linux. As a result, the features, data and workflows inside Jeeves ERP can be enhanced by the native capabilities of the Apple OS and devices.
While native apps may be your preference, most ERP vendors are delivering them at an agonizingly slow pace. Using an API-fueled mobile framework, developers are producing one-off applications that are nearly from-scratch mobile replicas of their ERP systems. The resulting set of code must be maintained, customized, and supported—and rewritten for each supported device. The Jeeves Mobile Client does it all faster, and with a lot less hassle and cost. Just as an example, when we used the Jeeves Mobile Client to create a native rewrite of our field service app, we took the development time down from 500 hours to 40 hours, and the redeployment / cycle time down from one week to zero.
- Develop unique, powerful, and native mobile applications quickly and cost effectively.
- Future-proof your ERP system for an increasingly mobile-first, cloud-first world.
- Deliver context-sensitive, notification-driven apps to your employees, making them more productive on and off the job.
- Give your customers a more efficient and modern way to engage with your business.
- Access third party services and IoT data to enhance the data visibility and decision-making capabilities of your business.
USER LOGIN AND SESSIONS
The Jeeves Mobile Client delivers support for automatic login using touch ID. With persistence sessions, users can close the app and can pick up right where they left off.
SIMPLE CARD-BASED LAYOUT AND DESIGN CONTROLS
Based on the existing Jeeves ERP Design Client (used in the desktop application), the Jeeves Mobile Client uses a card layout to deliver modern screen designs. The solution supports a number of general controls, including form layout, tab controls, embedded lists, button controls, expandable menus, dialog boxes, edit boxes, drop-down lists, and check boxes.
The Jeeves Mobile Client gives you the freedom to customize the UI in a number of ways, including text size, position, and type. You also can add icons to results lists or use color status bars. The client is built to allow for screen designs that change based on the device being used. For example, you can design in a split-window mode for iPad-centric usage.
UTILIZE DEVICE-SPECIFIC CONTROLS
The Jeeves Mobile Client delivers device-specific functional elements that can be designed into the application. Examples include:
- Embedded web browser
- Date, time, and time span access/entry
- Fingertip signatures
- Progress bars
- Send/upload/access documents
- Take/upload photos
- Touch ID
- Print reports
- BarCode scanning
SUPPORT FOR MACROS
The Jeeves Mobile Client delivers support for macros. For example, you can create a pre-defined search query within a list window.
Using Apple’s notification service, you can create a notification-driven experience that will drive efficiency throughout your business. For example, certain actions in the back office can create notifications for your mobile users. Or certain transactions can trigger macros or short-cuts to new screens or apps.
ACCESS ALL JEEVES ERP ELEMENTS
You can build a mobile app using any data, transaction type, or workflow in Jeeves ERP. Mobile screens are “painted” in real time, and updates made in either the back office or by a mobile user are available within the time it takes to refresh. You can even bring the customizations and programs in your site repository to a mobile application.
ACCESS THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND IoT DATA
Using Jeeves Service Builder, you can also design mobile apps that access outside data sources and either display or manipulate them in conjunction with you ERP system data.
QUICK TIME TO MARKET
Whether you use our mobile product experts to develop your own app, or leverage an app that we’ve already built and put into the app store, the Jeeves Mobile Client makes innovation fast and affordable.